There are four magnet elementary schools in Greenwich, CT and one magnet Middle School. Students in the Greenwich Public School system have the option to apply via a lottery process to these magnet schools. Below you will find information on how to apply to magnet schools in Greenwich, CT
Magnet Schools in Greenwich, CT
- Hamilton Avenue School
- District’s first Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) school.
- The school also embraces the arts through its amazing Suzuki Violin program for Preschool to fifth grade students.
- State-of-the art building, built in 2009, with a science lab and television studio
- Hamilton Avenue School was one of the first two Greenwich Public Schools to launch a Digital Learning Environment (DLE) in 2012.
- The International School at Dundee
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme School and the District’s first magnet school, opening in September 2000.
- Julian Curtiss School
- A magnet school of World Languages since 2003; students attending represent 60 Countries, and 30 Languages, in 1 Great School
- Julian Curtiss School offers the choice of learning either Spanish or French in grades K-5
- New Lebanon School
- Authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme School and has been a magnet school since 2009
- Western Middle School
- Only Magnet Middle School in Greenwich
How to Register for Magnet Schools in Greenwich, CT
The Greenwich Board of Education offers four magnet elementary schools and one magnet middle school that accepts students through an application process.
How to apply for Magnet Schools in Greenwich, CT
- Each of the Greenwich Public School magnet schools is also a neighborhood school, with students enrolled from within the designated attendance area
- A limited number of magnet seats are available by application for students residing outside the magnet schools’ attendance areas
- If more applications are received than there are seats available, a lottery is conducted
- Applications are usually due early February of every year
Greenwich Magnet School Eligibility
- Any resident of the Town of Greenwich with school-age children is eligible to apply to a Greenwich Public School magnet school
- Non-resident Town of Greenwich (TOG) employees are also eligible to apply to GPS magnet schools; Non-resident TOG applications will be considered after Greenwich resident applications are filled
- The best way to learn about magnet programs at each school is to attend open houses. Open Houses are usually held in January of each year
You may also be interested in:
About Suburbs 101
Suburbs 101 is an online lifestyle guide for the New York Suburbs of Westchester County, Long Island, Fairfield County and Northern New Jersey. Get the inside scoop on what it’s really like to live in the New York suburbs through our interviews with local suburbanites and features on Food, Fashion, Home, Travel, and Local Events. Be sure to Follow Us on Instagram, Like Us on Facebook and subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.